Over at Volume 1 Brooklyn, Jason Diamond imagines your favorite TV Characters as Lit bloggers. Here’s what they had to say about Daria:
Daria got out of high school and wrote a bestselling novel in the 90s before the end of her freshman year of college. The New York Times said it was “the Less Than Zero for the Cobain Generation,” and every other important magazine and newspaper pretty much agreed. After that she had a hard time producing an adequate followup in terms of critical acclaim, but the old fans are loyal and buy all of her books, and she’s adjunct now at Sarah Lawrence. She realizes she can pretty much coast on all that success, but that would be lame, and she was never really in it for the fame or money. When there’s time she contributes to sites like The Rumpus or Salon, and always does a Year in Reading piece for The Millions. She also shows up to a lot of benefits for 826NYC.
Can you imagine what would be on Daria’s Year in Reading List? I’m thinking Patti Smith’s Just Kids, for sure. But what else?
14 Notes/ Hide
- maj13 likes this
- jedimastermuggle likes this
- bohobullshit likes this
- cakedonuts likes this
- bandyriddles reblogged this from millionsmillions
- syreetamcfadden reblogged this from millionsmillions
- avilething reblogged this from millionsmillions
- othernotebooksareavailable likes this
- matthewgallaway likes this
- thebelleepoque likes this
- wedding-dress-bridal likes this
- millionsmillions posted this