Forget the Dos Equis guy. John Fairfax was the most interesting man in the world.
At 9, he settled a dispute with a pistol. At 13, he lit out for the Amazon jungle.
At 20, he attempted suicide-by-jaguar. Afterward he was apprenticed to a pirate. To please his mother, who did not take kindly to his being a pirate, he briefly managed a mink farm, one of the few truly dull entries on his otherwise crackling résumé, which lately included a career as a professional gambler.
Source: The New York Times
14 Notes/ Hide
- snippetsfromstrangers reblogged this from millionsmillions
- thelowkeys likes this
- northbynorthwesterly likes this
- someone-is-online reblogged this from millionsmillions
- callmetrimtab likes this
- citylightscomebackinjune likes this
- jsimonsmith reblogged this from millionsmillions
- the-pink-grl likes this
- detanderson likes this
- snippetsfromstrangers likes this
- jessxserpa reblogged this from millionsmillions
- jessxserpa likes this
- millionsmillions posted this