The meetings came and went very quickly, like so much of my life. I was sure Valerie said she worked in fifty-minute blocks, but I barely seemed to arrive before I was home again. The conversations while I was there seemed the weird end of bizarre, as well. I didn’t really know what the therapists’ agenda was, but I quickly got the feeling they were trying to nudge me down a particular path. I couldn’t put my finger on it, so one day Valerie came out and said it.
According to her I shared my body with dozens of other people.
I waited for the punchline but it never came.
14 Notes/ Hide
- ticker-tape-of-the-unconscious likes this
- thingstoreadonarainyday reblogged this from millionsmillions
- jellyfishchant reblogged this from millionsmillions
- thegirlwhotwirls likes this
- little-coyote likes this
- verseofivan likes this
- thesweetsofnikki reblogged this from millionsmillions
- keepcalmstaychill likes this
- narrativemag likes this
- eyesthebye likes this
- mnnoldon likes this
- millionsmillions posted this