…its woman-centredness also hints at feminism’s dirty secret: that feminists might be feminists because they are supremely interested in themselves, even if that interest is in the shape of self-doubt. While Sheila says that it’s great to be a woman because what a female genius should be hasn’t yet been established, that is also the problem of being a woman.
Joanna Biggs, “It could be me,” via the London Review of Books.
22 Notes/ Hide
- uglyzine reblogged this from millionsmillions
- kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate likes this
- tornbread reblogged this from millionsmillions
- tornbread likes this
- locsinabox likes this
- theycallmegomer reblogged this from millionsmillions
- theycallmegomer likes this
- fifthworld likes this
- smilingatcrocodiles reblogged this from millionsmillions
- sedlaboheme likes this
- lourgette likes this
- lifeofaveggie likes this
- booktweets said: feminism is narcissism but dudes who write about their mid-life crises are just introspective? these associations with otherness are not unique to the minority, but inherent throughout dominant cultures too. that’s the privilege of the hegemony.
- afadingoctober likes this
- lottiiieee likes this
- bohemianarthouse likes this
- skerrie reblogged this from millionsmillions
- millionsmillions posted this