I’m not actively invested in the web as a place where I forge anything. (All puns intended.) It’s more that I just know and think that it is entirely the air we breathe—you know it, I know it, even John McCain knows it—and so I dip my toe into it constantly and relatively briefly to feel what it is that has completely taken over our consciousness.
At HTML Giant, Catherine Lacey interviews David Shields, who says that his new book, How Literature Saved My Life, drew material from his stated identity as a “highly self-conscious lab rat.” For more, you can read our own Mark O’Connell’s review of his book in the Times.
12 Notes/ Hide
- ehoefler reblogged this from millionsmillions
- polarghost likes this
- howliteraturesavedmylife reblogged this from millionsmillions
- abhinav89 likes this
- detmikelowery reblogged this from millionsmillions
- adkmogulbooks reblogged this from millionsmillions
- howtodothecharlestonpanda likes this
- themonicabird likes this
- momotsu likes this
- vjsarila likes this
- millionsmillions posted this